Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blustery Day

Yesterday was such a gorgeous, warm, sunny day and today is ugly, cold and windy. After we got home from the flea market yesterday, I worked in my flower beds for awhile. I had planted some seeds indoors in those little peat boxes. I don't why I even bother because they never turn out like the pictures. So, I just jammed 'em in the bed and watered them. I had sprinkled seeds a couple of weeks ago and they are starting to sprout their tiny little heads. Weather around here is so crazy, though, you never know what to wear on a daily basis.

I moved on to another flower bed that I've been turning over and digging all sorts of junk out of. I came upon an old knotted root from one of many trees. It looked easy enough to remove...not so much! I get so focused on what I'm doing that I ignore that inner voice screaming, "STOP STOP...before you hurt yourself!" Too late! My back was GONE! Hey...but, I got that nasty stump out! Does that count for something?

So, today I'm laying low and not liking it much. There are just too many things I want to do, but instead have "Cheaper By The Dozen" on the tube as I listen to the wind howl outside.

No comments: