Friday, May 8, 2009

My Daughter Spoils Me........


My mother passed away in 1999 and my mother-in-law in 1995, so Mother's Day hasn't quite been the same since then. I'd much rather give than receive and I watch people scurry through the stores in search of that perfect Mother's Day gift and I just toodle on my way with no one to buy for.


My kids usually call me and send me mushy cards and usually buy me something special. Today, Jer and I came home from Walmart and I noticed a box on the front step. It was from 1-800 Flowers.com. How exciting...I'd never received anything from them before. I opened it and it was a pink calla lilly plant from my step-daughter, Adrienne. Very healthy and fresh plant. I immediately called in and thanked her and planted my treasure out in the backyard.


I continued on with my day, working in my craft room trying to get it organized. It's been very warm and muggy today, so I caved and turned on the a/c. My hubbie came in and sat down and I happened to mention I was hot. He told me I needed to cool off by going to the front door. I looked at him like he was crazy...what? So, I headed for the front door just as the doorbell rang. I opened the door and here stood this man holding the most magnificant floral arrangement I'd ever seen! I squeeled with delight and almost kissed the man! I couldn't imagine who had sent this. Sorry, dear, but I just didn't think my hubbie could come up with something so gorgeous (he's a simple minded man). The card attached was from...get this..."Floral and Hardy"...how cool is that name? I read the card and it was from my sweet daughter, Kira. I was so surprised because she had told me she was sending me jewelry for Mother's Day. Did I mention how wonderful this beauty smells? OMG! I'm in heaven!!!!!!!!

\
So, I call Kira and she was so happy that I was so happy. She told me she called this florist (she lives in Utah), after investigating florist online, and told them she wanted something very elegant with pink and white and a hydrangea. She said to her, "my mom's a classy broad, so it's got to be GORGEOUS!" She's such a hoot!

I just had to share my joy. I wish I could preserve this beauty forever. I hope all you moms out there have a glorious Mother's Day. I know I will. I feel like a queen and just may put my crown on and dance around the room!

No comments: