Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The House That Love Built

I made this collage for my sweet step-daughter, Tori, for her birthday. I didn't have a plan in mind when I started it. I wanted to try some new techniques, well new for me, for the background. I painted the background and then did some "glazing."  I added a page from an old book and removed part of it and glazed with another color. I wasn't too sure I liked it until I turned the canvas around and suddenly saw a tree evolving. It was then that I got EXCITED!
The rest just took off from there...

The House That Love Built
The tire came from a model car my hubby was building.
It was a "spare!"

My Grandsons, Riley and Blake
Aka: Rooster and Hootie Bob!
Tori and WONDERFUL hubby, Chris!
Eldest grandson, Jon!

So happy you like it, Tori!



                                                                                 

No comments: