Saturday, January 28, 2012

30 Day Challenge of Things I Love...Day 3

These two little kittens warm my heart every time I look at them. This is a paint-by-number that my step-daughter, Tori, painted when she was 8 years old. It was a gift for Grandma, my mother-in-law. I loved to paint- by- number when I was a little kid. I mean...who didn't, right? I think I even bought one a few years ago just for the heck of it, but never opened it. Something about a throw back to the good ol' days when life seemed easy and carefree. Oh, how I'd love to sit on an old linoleum floor and play jacks with a golf ball and hope the ball doesn't hit that wonky spot in the floor that makes the funky sound that sends the ball into a tailspin! *Sigh*


OK, back to the future, Nan! When my mother-in-law passed in 1995, all the special treasures I had made her were given back to me, including this gem so I could return it to Tori. I asked Tori if I could please keep it and because she LOVES me SO much, she obliged. I'm in awe of the amazing job she did with her blending of paints at such a young age. The colors are beautiful! I'm such a lucky duck!

1 comment:

jackie said...

Boy do I remember those days! Great post Nan!