Monday, October 8, 2012

You only turn 30 once

Birthday Flowers from her sweet husband!

My daughter, Kira, turned 30 in August! It just doesn't seem possible, but you can't stop time, darn it! I traveled to Utah to spend a couple of weeks with her and help celebrate with a girls bash that I'll never forget! It was a beautiful night in SLC and we held the party in her backyard.  Not sure which was louder the music or the laughter, but we had FUN!

Vintage Hankie Garland

I've been collecting vintage hankies for years and decided to make a garland with them to hang on Kira's deck for the party. I sewed them onto jute with vintage buttons. It was hard to get a good photo of it, but you get the idea. We also strung lights and it looked so pretty at night.

Her newly landscaped backyard and garage. A windstorm caused a HUGE 50yr old Blue Spruce to fall and take out the garage.  What a mess it was!

The theme of the party was INDULGE! It was very "girlie" with lots of pink and salt water taffy and vintage linens and candles every where and did I mention PINK?  
"INDULGE"

Candles in various cups and glasses

Shades of Pink!


Nice water bottles, eh?

Kira wanted a coconut cake and a coconut cake she got! Buttermilk Coconut Cake to die for! She also had a raspberry filled cake which was just as good. Each cake must have weighed about 10 pounds! I made her  crown...the BIG 30! You're never too old to sport a crown, right?

You CAN have it all!

Her sister, Adri, drove up from Vegas and surprised her. It was awesome!

Kira and Adri

Me and Kira....she's my best friend!



I still can't believe she's 30! I'm so proud of the woman she's become. Very successful in her career, married almost a year to a wonderful man and she has a heart of gold! I am one blessed mama!


1 comment:

jackie said...

Looks like a fun way to turn 30 and for the mother to help and enjoy at the same time......

I love how long your hair is Nan!